Saturday, December 21, 2013

PROLOGUE 
If there is no God, explain this:
            Yes, I loved Frank Sinatra. But he is not to whom I refer. I direct you to the sound of the Stradivarius. Listen to it again.
You see, the Nazis tried to silence it. When they rolled into Austria-Hungary, they shut down those great opera houses. The music was no more.
            And now, more than ever before, I understand the State of Israel. I understand how Jews triumphed over evil incarnate. I understand why they are so full of life. I understand why they take advantage of every moment of every day. I understand why they do good works to those who would do evil unto them. I understand why their faith in God is so deep, so pure, so unequivocal. I understand how that tiny nation survives in the face of terrorism. I understand how Israel continues to fight the war against bigotry so valiantly and tirelessly.
            Because the Nazis did not win. 
            The Nazis did not silence the music. They only quieted it for a little while.
           The Nazis did not destroy the Jews. They only persecuted God’s People for a little while.
            And now the music is back.

            And so is Israel.

LaDonna Rae Mosier

No comments:

Post a Comment